Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lilybit

Gmail

6 posts in this topic

This topic is for Ben-David:

Hi Ben

Had to open a new topic because for some reason I could not reply to your answer regarding the page not opening all the way in my gmail.

First of all, thanks for remembering me. It's done wonders for my ego. But then you probably remember me for the dumb questions I ask. At any rate, I did a complete cleaning and rebooted to no avail. On some pieces of mail,at the top of the piece is a link to click if you can't see the entire message. Does that help you with a reason for the incomplete pages. Only some pages have this link.

I'm open to any other suggestion. Thanks.

Lilybit

Lilybit, of course I remember you dear friend, and it is NOT because of silly questions, or anything related. You have a computer problem and if you have a problem, then we all have the problem, and it is our joy to help a friend. So lets see if this will work.

Since your Gmail page looks distorted or buttons appear cut off, you may be using your Internet Explorer browser with Compatibility View enabled. If Compatability View is turned on for google.com, your Gmail page layout may appear strangely. Use this link for added help.

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=181472&ctx=mail

Please let us know.

Ben-David

Thanks Ben for your reply to my email problem. I followed everything you advised and it did not help. I even tried opening the mail from Google Chrome instead of IE. Do you suppose changing the loading from html to standard view is an option. Don't know how to do it even if it is.

I do admire your know-how. Thanks.

Lilybit

I would suggest you make sure you have cookies and Java script enabled.

Take a look see with this link and see if this will help.

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=181472

Let us know if anything helps dear friend.

Ben-David

No luck so far. You asked if I had cookies and java script enabled.How do I find out? It could very well be that cookies are not enabled because the bank asks me for the same info every time I sign on where it did not used to do that.

Thanks Ben

Lilybit

Hi Ben:

Just want you to know I figured out how to enable cookies and it didn't help. Think I'll just kick gmail to the curb and find a new mail server. Thanks for all your help.

Lilybit

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0