Nikilet

Thunderbird info

4 posts in this topic

I have Windows Live Mail, IMAP, on two computers, both running Windows 10 Home. One is 32 bit (desktop) and one is 64 bit (laptop). I keep an extensive system of folders so it is very important to me that these folders can be imported into any new email client and that my accounts between these two computers remained synced.

If I switch to Thunderbird, can you import ALL of these storage folders from my Windows Live Mail accounts into the Thunderbird account so that I can seamlessly move from WLM to Thunderbird.

Hi Nikilet

It will be a perfectly smooth transition; since you have imap, all folders and mails in the folders will appear in Thunderbird. Imap mirrors the server, so any computers you have mail setup on will all be identical as well, or any phones. If you were using pop3, you would have to import the mail to Thunderbird, but you are already using imap, so no need to do a manual import. It all be automatic.

We are seeing more and more folks with corrupt Windows Live Mail, and they are losing all their mail, or corrupting single folders. Microsoft ends support and updates in January.

Darcy, Cloudeight

You had told me back in Sept. that I could use the key I purchased for Windows 10 check for this move to Thunderbird. So I would like to use that for one computer and then I have just now purchased another key so that I can have both computers done.

When you do this, you don't remove the Windows Live Mail accounts, do you? I'd like to keep them for awhile, just in case.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead