Too Much Protection?

2 replies to this topic

#1 bjclark

bjclark
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Hi
I am using a laptop (Windows 7) with Microsoft Security Essentials, Microsoft Firewall, & SUPERAntispyware Pro running. Would I benefit from adding Malwarebytes Pro? Thanks.
Bonnie

#2 Daniela

Daniela
  • Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

No, I would not Malwarebytes pro. You really don't want to many protective programs running in real time, as they may see each other as intruders and start canceling one another out protection-wise.

Also, just so you are aware of this: There is no protective program that is able to fully protect from infections. Those who created adware, malware and even Trojans know very well how to circumvent the protective modules of any and all of them. Most of the time, though, it's the user who accidentally allows an intruder to be installed by clicking on a popup or hijacked Internet Site.

That is why in reality a scanner is your best bet to clean your computer. Scan once a day or once a week, however you prefer, and use Malwarebytes or another program for that...it is often quite surprising to many users how an infection that happily by-passed the real time protection module of one program will be found and deleted by the scanning option of that same program.

Hope this info helps you. :)
Posted Image

#3 bjclark

bjclark
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Thanks Daniela!

Reply to this topic