Trend Housecall

4 replies to this topic

#1 cajunlady

cajunlady
  • Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

Good Morning to one and all,
I downloaded the 32bit Housecall to run a scan - accepted the agreement - then clicked on NEXT and it doesn't go anywhere - it's like the NEXT button is disabled.

Do you think it is my mouse or Housecall? I have downloaded it twice with no results.

Thanks for any and all help.

Jan
Windows Vista Home Premium IE9, 500GB, 2GB memory
Microsoft Security Essentials Anti-Virus,SuperAntispyware,MalwareByetes Anti-Malware,SpywareBlaster,Zappit & CCleaner

#2 cajunlady

cajunlady
  • Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

FYI
don't think it's my mouse - no problems anywhere else.
Microsoft Security Essentials Anti-Virus,SuperAntispyware,MalwareByetes Anti-Malware,SpywareBlaster,Zappit & CCleaner

#3 Daniela

Daniela
  • Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Are you sure you downloaded a legitimate program aka that housecall scanner? I am just a bit puzzled especially as you have mentioned Java problems and your directv account.

If I were you, I would not set it up at this point in time, but rather delete it and run your regular protective programs, such as your antivirus program, maybe Malwarebytes, use Ccleaner or something like that to delete temp files and so on.

Also check for Java updates from the correct and legal site and then try to access your account again.:)
Posted Image

#4 cajunlady

cajunlady
  • Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Are you sure you downloaded a legitimate program aka that housecall scanner? I am just a bit puzzled especially as you have mentioned Java problems and your directv account.

If I were you, I would not set it up at this point in time, but rather delete it and run your regular protective programs, such as your antivirus program, maybe Malwarebytes, use Ccleaner or something like that to delete temp files and so on.

Also check for Java updates from the correct and legal site and then try to access your account again.:)

Daniela
I downloaded the correct one - and when I first noticed the problem, I then ran all my scans but they were all clean. It's just on one of my places that I pay online, it told me that the Java was disabled - I didn't disable anything. But that is when I tried un-installing Java (and I always update) and re-installed the latest version and everything was alright at that point.

Thanks so much,
Jan

#5 Daniela

Daniela
  • Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Some security or protective scans consider Java a possible threat to the security of your computer. In theory they are right, as it is possible for hackers to move into your computer via Java script - but in reality that can be prevented by antivirus programs and in general does not happen often. Let's put it this way - it is worth having java installed and active, as it is needed in order to use a variety of websites, rather than allowing over-protective programs to shut it down. :)
Posted Image

Reply to this topic