Photo

Windows Live Mail

3 replies to this topic

#1 mawdyki

mawdyki
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

I have had my computer upgraded from Vista to Windows7 by a professional. However when I open an email and then want to follow a link to a web page it will not open. Sometimes other things I want to view comes up with Microsoft Word as a read only file. Any suggestions please. Thanks.
Windows 7
Intel Pentium dual-core processor T3400
250 GB Hard Drive,
3 GB DDR,
Registry Mechanic, Avast Anti Virus,
Broadband Cable Modem

#2 Daniela

Daniela
  • Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Probably incorrect file-association. I suggest you a) set your default Programs by going to Start, then up to Default Programs, set your default programs, click on left side onto those that you want to be defaults and then click on 'set this program to default'.

Go back to Default Programs, down to 'Set program access....' click on arrow next to custom again, and, once more, choose those that you want to be the default programs...don't pay any mind to 'use my current...', which is not always correct. In each group put check-mark into your choice and then click on OK etc.and close when defaults have finished setting themselves.

Also b) when you have file that you want to be opened by a certain program, right click on that file and then browse to the program of your choice; either check-mark to always open same files with chosen program or let only that one file use the particular program. Your choice, as always.

Let us know, please, if this suggestion helped. :)
Posted Image

#3 mawdyki

mawdyki
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

Probably incorrect file-association. I suggest you a) set your default Programs by going to Start, then up to Default Programs, set your default programs, click on left side onto those that you want to be defaults and then click on 'set this program to default'.

Go back to Default Programs, down to 'Set program access....' click on arrow next to custom again, and, once more, choose those that you want to be the default programs...don't pay any mind to 'use my current...', which is not always correct. In each group put check-mark into your choice and then click on OK etc.and close when defaults have finished setting themselves.

Also b) when you have file that you want to be opened by a certain program, right click on that file and then browse to the program of your choice; either check-mark to always open same files with chosen program or let only that one file use the particular program. Your choice, as always.

Thanks for that. It has worked. Much appreciated.
Windows 7
250 GB Hard Drive,
3 GB DDR,
Broadband Cable Modem

#4 mawdyki

mawdyki
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

Yes it has worked. Thanks for that, much appreciated.
Windows 7
250 GB Hard Drive,
3 GB DDR,
Broadband Cable Modem

Reply to this topic